This fall, the 2022-2023 GSF Scholarship Program awarded more than $30,000 to 46 associates and their family members to support academic expenses for higher education. This year’s scholarships bring GSF’s three-decade total to nearly $500,000 awarded to hundreds of scholars. Based on academic performance, extracurricular activities, character, and financial need, GSF scholarships assist students with expenses like tuition, books, and school supplies.
“During this 75th Anniversary year for GSF, our scholarship essay question welcomed applicants to share their perspectives about positive changes that have taken place since our company began in 1947,” said Ed Rodriguez, GSF Corporate Senior Vice President and Chief Human Resources Officer. “We enjoyed reading their responses about various topics, ranging from globalization, automation, and sustainability to emerging technologies, social justice, and health care. We wish all of this year’s deserving scholarship recipients much success in their academic pursuits!”
A selection of applicants’ intriguing quotes from their essay responses include:
- “I am proud that my dad has been a part of this company for years, as he has been a part of greatness.”
- “As GSF associates, we can be the change we’d like to see in the world and have a platform via the Foundation.”
- “Putting others first around the globe is one reason I believe Golden State Foods sets themselves apart from others.”
- “We are entering a whole new world of connected culture.”
- “Everything Golden State Foods offers is earned.”
- “The most significant and positive change, I think, is that the diversity and inclusion has been further enhanced.”
Congratulations to all of the 2022-2023 GSF Scholarship Program recipients!