September 12, 2023
For the 2023-2024 GSF Scholarship Program, Golden State Foods awarded more than $40,000 to 69 associates and their family members throughout the world, based on academic performance, extracurricular activities, character, and financial need. In a record year for GSF’s three decades of support for higher education, scholarship applications and scholarships awarded totaled the highest ever in a single year. Since the program’s inception, GSF has provided more than $500,000 to assist scholars with expenses like tuition, books, and school supplies.
“We commend this year’s scholarship recipients on their well-deserved awards of support, and we hope this program helps all of these scholars succeed in their academic endeavors,” said Ed Rodriguez, GSF Corporate Senior Vice President and Chief Human Resources Officer.
This year’s application asked scholars to answer the following essay question: “How will artificial intelligence (AI) change work and society in the next 10 years, and how can you prepare for this change?” A selection of applicants’ quotes from their essay responses include:
- “People should embrace creativity and other unique human skills to better adapt to AI.”
- “With AI, the medical field has the potential to advance and triumph. This is supported as AI begins to help with the discovery of new antibiotics.”
- “The most important thing is developing a lifelong learning mindset and acquiring relevant skills and knowledge that are complementary to AI, such as critical thinking, problem-solving, communication, and collaboration.”
- “When AI takes over repetitive or dangerous tasks, it frees up the human workforce to do work they are better equipped for––tasks that involve creativity and empathy among others.”
- “Artificial Intelligence continues to evolve and become innovative within all aspects of our lives, including the work field.”
- “The technology today is developing rapidly and will be even further ahead within 10 years.”
Congratulations to all of the 2023-2024 GSF Scholarship Program recipients!